January 2, 2014

Precious Pressie


How lucky do I feel?

My precious daughter brought home this precious tea set from Whitby in England. Sounds like it activated the stress scale quite a bit with having to make it home in one piece.

Make it home in one piece it did. It was the grand finale pressie for me on xmas day. As I lifted the lid off the beautifully packaged gold box, a piece of immaculate history stared back at me.

It's in extraordinary condition; I couldn't find a blemish. I'm told it was made sometime during the Edwardian Era making it over 100 years old.

I hold it, steadily, very steadily, and I imagine it was made before WW1 started, before the sinking of the Titanic and I wonder if this cups kind were served on the Titanic. Who knows?

And so a new chapter begins here with me in Australia. Will it ever be used - hmmm - I'm weary at this stage, but hopefully I'll muster the courage to use sip from it one day. I must!

Feeling fortunate.
Thank you darling daughter.
Love Mother x





5 comments:

  1. Oh my, isn't that just stunning....to sip or not to sip that is the question!! What a sweet daughter you must have with impeccable taste! Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost as stunning as my girl - but not quite. x

      Delete
  2. Sip Mariana sip. Sip from all that history and think of the stories that little cup good tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not feeling brave enough Brydie - maybe one day soon. x

      Delete
  3. Apa yang mudah uuntuk didapatkan, akan mudah ununtuk disesalkan. Apa yang butuh perjuangan utk didapatkan, akan sulit utk dilupakan. Tanda tanda Penyakit Kencing Nanah
    Penyakit Sipilis Pada Pria
    Obat Kutil Kelamin

    ReplyDelete