I iced what was left of the cake with a combination of icing sugar, cream cheese and passionfruit juice. Together with a cup of tea it was delicious. So easy and no mucking around with mix masters or beaters. No excuses for what is truly the simplest of cakes.
180gm self raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
2/3 cup light olive oil
2 free range eggs
2 carrots, grated
1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to moderate temperature. Mix together sifted flour, sugar, spices.
- Add eggs & oil & mix well till thoroughly combined
- Stir in carrots & almonds.
- Pour into a tin lined with baking paper; bake for approx 40 -45 mins.
- Place onto wire rack. Cool slightly before turning out.
- Spread with your favourite icing if desired.